The Development Coordinator is passionate about parks and keenly aware of how fundraising and development are integral to non-profit work. The ideal candidate is responsible for assisting in all areas of resource development, with a particular focus on event support, donor relationships/ gratitude practices, database administration, social media, and marketing. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
This position is in Minnesota and is a work from home opportunity with occasional in-person meetings.
5 hours a week, some evenings and weekends required. Preferred start date March, 2017
Position open until filled.
Summary of Role & Responsibilities
The selected candidate will assist the Executive Director to implement People for Park’s Strategic Plan, with specific focus in the following areas:
-Assist Executive Director to manage & support events including Arbor Day, Poster Show, 5k, Superintendent’s Dinner, house parties, and community partner events.
-Develop additional signature event/s
-Build & maintain relationships with existing People for Parks supporters and identify & pursue new donor relationships with people in various stakeholder groups via telephone, live events, and written correspondence.
-Contribute to all aspects of donor relations, taking leadership in specific areas including:
- Annual Appeal (EOY appeal)
- Gratitude Campaign
- Monthly Sustainer
Donor Database Administration
-Process all physical and electronic gifts, including preparing and processing deposits. Produce timely acknowledgement letters.
-Update and maintain donor records in database, including producing monthly reports for donor analysis and planning and managing quarterly and annual gratitude practices.
-Manage calendars for major donor outreach, grants, and other development opportunities.
Social Media and Marketing
-Produce quarterly e-newsletters through Constant Contact, maintain Facebook page, support content management for website.
- Provide assistance with 40 year celebration – recruitment and administration of grants.
-Attend regular staff meetings and retreats
-Participate in organizational events
-General administrative and office support
-Lifting (up to 25lbs)
-Some off-site meetings
- 2-3+ years of work experience resulting in expertise in at least one of the following areas: database administration, marketing, project management, &/or individual donor cultivation
- Experience with database administration
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to establish strong personal connections with People for Parks donors
- Outstanding communication skills, written and oral
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and project follow through
- Commitment to learning and engaging fundraising best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience working offsite
- Experience with Access
- Expertise in database administration, marketing, project management, & individual
- Enthusiasm for Minneapolis Parks
- Excellent sense of humor
Please send a resume with cover letter including why you love Minneapolis Parks to email@example.com
People for Parks is an equal opportunity employer.
LGBTQ community members and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.